Business and Management
Submitted By mishaleem
1. Go onto http://tutor2u.net/business/presentations/marketing and write up what is meant by ‘objectives’
Goals and targets that firms set themselves to achieve and which provide a focus for decision making and for devising strategy.
2. Research what the Private Sector’s broad aims and objectives are.
The aim is to maximize the profits for shareholders and owners. The nature of the private sector in a market economy means that consumers are best served if companies are competing to provide the best products and services at the lowest possible prices.
3. Write down the name of 4 private sector organisations.
1. Sole traders
4. Find out what the broad aims are of the Public Sector.
The public sector’s aims and objectives are to provide services for the community at either local or national level. The primary objective of the public sector is to provide services such as refuse collection, schools, leisure facilities and health care, to their customers, which are ultimately the tax-payer.
5. Write down the name of 4 public sector organisations. * Police * School * Army * Ambulance
6. Find out what the broad aims of the Voluntary Sector.
7. Write down the name of 4 voluntary sector organisations.
* Oxfam * Red cross * Love underdogs * Kids in Asia
8. Go onto the web and find out the aims and objectives for one of the private sector, public sector and voluntary sector organisations that you have listed above.
Private sector: Tesco- To grow the UK core, To be an outstanding international retailer in stores and online, To be as strong in everything we sell as we are in food, To grow retail services in all our markets, To be a creator of highly valued brands and To build our team so that we create more value.
Public sector: Police- To provide the best possible service to all members of our community, to reduce crime in line with targets we have set with our Safer Lewisham Partnership, to meet the sanction detection targets we have set with our partner agencies within the CDRP, to continue to deal robustly with prolific and persistent offenders and to continue to improve the way in which we provide a service to victims of crime.
Voluntary sector: Oxfam-
· To relieve poverty, distress and suffering
· To educate people about the nature, causes and effects if poverty
· To campaign for a fairer world
· To encourage western nations to supply aid to third world countries.
9. Go onto www.tutor2u.net and write up what is meant by ‘marketing objectives’
The group of goals set by a business when promoting its products or services to potential consumers that should be achieved within a given time frame. A company's marketing objectives for a particular product might include increasing product awareness among targeted consumers, providing information about product features, and reducing consumer resistance to buying the product.
10. What is the role of marketing objectives (again you may use www.tutor2u.net )
The process of identifying, anticipating (predicting) and satisfying customer needs profitably.
11. What do marketing objectives refer to?
The term generally refers to a company plan that allocates resources in ways to generate profits by positioning products or services and targeting specific consumer groups.
12. What do you think is the link between the organisational objectives and marketing objectives?
Marketing objectives are the intended goals of a company’s marketing campaigns and the organisational objectives through its products and services.